Thursday, October 5, 2017

grumbles of the day

My overzealous credit card issuer is at it again. Having noticed a small recurring transaction I've had for over two years, they suddenly decided it was a fraud and put a hold on my card. I discovered this when I tried to use it on a purchase. At least their script for responding to people calling to complain about this now begins, "Wow, that must have been embarrassing." I pointed out this has been a recurring transaction. They said it's recurring when it's a fraud. I pointed out that, if it were a fraud, surely I'd have reported it before now.

Purchase was some OTC medications at the Kaiser pharmacy. I got my labs and a flu shot at the same time, so now I have pokes in both arms. Due to the excitement of parking at Kaiser, I like to do as many things as possible at once there.

My editor wants me to review a concert next month with Bartok's Miraculous Mandarin. I've heard that twice in recent years and didn't like it either time. Now I have to study it to do it justice. Ugh. The other piece on the program is by Corigliano, another composer I have to work on to get.

I really don't understand the people who say this is not the time to talk about gun control. (When do they think would be the time?) It seems to me this is exactly the time to talk about gun control. Imagine if FDR had gone before Congress on December 8 and said, "Now is not the time ..."

This was written for the results of the 2004 Presidential election. It now seems generally applicable for all circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment